At Georgetown Bank, the confidentiality and protection of our customer information has been one of our most fundamental policies, even before the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act established privacy requirements. Georgetown Bank will not share nonpublic information about our current or previous customers with any third parties, except as permitted by law.
Banks collect non-public, personal information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with others or us. This information may include your account balances, payment history and account activity.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency. This information may include account and credit information.
- Information we receive from public sources including real estate records and phone numbers.
The information we share, as permitted by law:
- Information needed in the area of fraud protection.
- Information needed to respond to a subpoena or court order
- Information sent to consumer reporting agencies
- Information needed to comply with federal, state or local legal requirements
- Information needed to process your applications or service your accounts
Working with third parties:
- When we work with third parties, they are subject to the same standards as our trustees, managers and employees, and are required to sign confidentiality agreements.
- We may disclose the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Our commitment to your privacy:
- At your request, before we collect any information about you, we will tell you how we intend to use it.
- Access to your personally identifiable financial information is limited to employees with a specific business reason for utilizing this data.
- Our employees are educated about the importance of maintaining confidentiality and customer privacy.
Web Privacy & Security Policy
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic personal information.
- No personal information is required to visit our site.
- We will collect personal information (such as your name and/or e-mail address) only when specifically and knowingly provided by you.
- Our site does not use “cookies.”
- When contacting us through electronic mail, you should not provide any personal or sensitive information such as your social security number (SSN) or account number. This website is NOT secure; information you submit could potentially be intercepted and/or altered. If you wish to contact us by Secure Email visit our Secure Mail Portal at: https://securemail-georgetownsb.com
- We occasionally perform statistical analyses in order to measure customer interest in the various areas of our site. Such analyses do not involve customer specific or personally identifiable information.
- Unauthorized entry into and/or use of this site are PROHIBITED. Violators will be prosecuted.
If you have any concerns related to our privacy & security policies, please contact us at (866) 352-6080.